Time Tailor 3500AP
California Media Engineering is the exclusive source for Time Tailor 3500AP sales and service.
From the joint press release with Prime Image:
“Chris Gifford, co-founder of California Media Engineering and former Chief Hardware Architect for Prime Image, is the original designer of the Time Tailor product series and co-inventor on 8 patents covering Time Tailor technology. CalMedia and its founders were also instrumental in the creation and development of the TT3500AP and file-based prototypes. “
Time Compression for Live or
The industry standard for broadcast quality video time optimization. Time Tailor technology optimizes video runtime to seamlessly insert new ad spots, shrink content runtime without cutting scenes, expand content to fill program slots, and remove satellite delay in live studio-remote broadcasts. The Time Tailor 3500AP has over two decades of proven capability in meeting the stringent quality and performance requirements of leading Hollywood studios and broadcast TV networks.
The patented technology digitally processes frame accurate time optimization while maintaining synchronization and quality of the video, audio, and closed captioning. The 3500AP utilizes “micro-editing” to remove redundant information from the video and audio signals. By design, this process does not affect the pitch of the audio (other methods of time reduction work by playing a pre-recorded program faster than normal speed. That method has the adverse effect of altering the audio’s pitch and requires pitch-correction technology to prevent people from sounding like chipmunks).
Time Tailor’s time optimization occurs in real-time without pre-recording, pre-processing, video compression, or compromising the integrity of the program, using a process that is virtually undetectable to viewers. The amount of additional time and the time duration over which it is added or removed is programmable through the Time Tailor, third party edit controllers, or play-out automation system providing maximum flexibility for customers.
Broadcasters, cable and satellite providers, post production, and other commercial program distributors can tailor the content run-time for their specific purposes while maintaining the quality of the content. The Time Tailor 3500AP is a proven time optimization solution with a 24 year history of generating high-quality results on movies, sitcoms, syndicated programs, and live broadcasts.
The Time Tailor 3500AP supports the following time optimizations:
- Reduce time for HD or SD video program content
- Expand time HD or SD video program content
- Eliminate satellite transmission time delays in a live remote broadcast feed
For Live to Air applications (Patented)
- The Time Tailor is integrated into a customized automated playout system at the customer’s broadcast center
- Playlists, ad insertions and as-run logs are automatically updated
- Customer can opportunistically insert new advertising spots, breaking news, PSA’s in real time and manage to the clock without deleting program content (including live events or pre-recorded programs)
Elastic mode for Satellite Delay removal (Patent pending)
- The Time Tailor is integrated into a customized automated workflow process at the customer’s studio
- Time Tailor dynamically processes the required changes (time reduction/time expansion) in the video signal of the primary feed and the remote feed to minimize or eliminate the on air pause before the video signal is transmitted to the viewer.
Key features and specifications:
- Reduce program Time by 2 minutes in HD, or 5 minutes in SD (standard)
- Available options include up to 10 minutes of HD time optimization
- Closed Captions (CEA-608 and CEA-708) processed frame accurately
- Support for Dolby-E audio (option – up to 4 processors max)
- Trim Mode – Special mode for time reducing short programs such as commercials
- 16-channels of audio processing (embedded or AES/EBU)
- Supports HD (1080i, 720p) and SD (NTSC, PAL) formats
- RS-422 serial interface with optional remote control
- 5 U rack-mountable unit